Chaupal got registered under Societies Registration Act [CG State Act 1324] in the year 2006 and subsequently received FCRA registration in 2010. It has 12A certification from Income Tax authorities for its status as an Organization with Charitable (Non-profit) objectives and activities.It has got registration under NGO Darpan in the year 2017 and also received 80G certificate in the year 2019. It has also received PAN and TAN numbers.
Chaupal has been accredited by Credibility Alliance under Desirable Norms.
Achievements and Awards
- Chaupal is member of government committees like State level Vigilance Committee on Public Distribution System, Mid Day Meal State Level Advisory committee, Socio-Economic and Caste based Census 2011 in Rural India Committee at national level advisory committee.
- Further the Board members were Members in District Level Media Certification Monitoring Committee for Legislative Assembly election 2013 in Chhattisgarh, Member in Gram Sabha Rashtriya Gaurao Award selection committee, Surguja and General body Member of Bharat Rural livelihood Foundation.
- Gangaram Paikra, Director Chaupal received the Shahid Vir Narayan Singh Smiriti Samman in the year 2014 and 2019 from Government of Chhattisgarh for contribution to welfare of tribals.
- Gangaram Paikra is a Member of Navratna Committee in district level Swachchha Bharat Abhiyan (Rural). He is also a member of the District Level Committee on Prime Minister Awas Yojana. State level member of PESA committee.
- Sulakshana Nandi, Founding member was awarded the Jakes Gerwel Award 2022 by University of the Western Cape, South Africa. This award honours graduates of the UHC School of Public Health, who have through their work made an impact on public health through professional or academic leadership and innovation.